There are a few items that require your attention before you receive your keys, your customer care specialist will be intouch to remind you of the following:
- Arrangement to for a date and time to pick up your new keys
- Arrange for new home insurance
- Register your kids at their new schools
- Call the utility companies (water, hydro and gas) approx.. 2 weeks prior to closing date to setup your accounts as well as arrange for cable and phone hook-ups.
- Complete a change of address card at the post office and let your friends and family know your new address and phone number
- Renew your driver’s license and auto registration with your new address
Moving can be overwhelming, here are some good tips to prepare for the move as well as packing:
- give yourself time to contact a few reputable moving companies for quotes approx. two months before your scheduled move
- arrange for daycare or pet sitting services on moving day if you need to
- Label each box indicating in which room it should go to and whether it is fragile
- Carry your important documents, money and jewelry with you.
- For kids; pack toys and games separately that can keep them busy during moving day
- Medicines should be packed in leak-proof containers