Here are our favourite design trends of 2023 as well as this year’s Benjamin Moore 2023 colour of the year so you can incorporate them into your Huron Creek home.
- Bold Statement Pieces: Bold statement pieces, such as oversized art or sculptures, are a great way to add drama and impact to a room. These pieces can be used as a focal point or to draw the eye to a specific area of the room.
- Soft Curves: The trend that never goes away is curves. Certainly, designers are once again highlighting it as a key element for the next season. So you’re in luck if you already have soft, organic silhouettes all around your house. In a radical break from harsh edges, couches, coffee tables, and other furniture items now have this styled curve and form that appears to flow naturally.
- Coastal Textures: Natural wood, distressed surfaces, and other coastal style hallmarks were popular in 2020, and the trend is expected to continue through spring ’23, stronger than ever. Consider “neutral tones, white-washed finishes, and natural accents.” Greenery, rattan, reclaimed wood tones, jute, terracotta, and linen are all great examples.
- Coral and Vermilion: Warm neutrals have been the hues on everyone’s tongues so far this year, but according to many designers, bold colours of all kinds are on the rise for spring.
- Mixed metals: The norm of just using gold or silver is being broken, and decor is catching up. Mixing and matching seems more eclectic and personal. Use art frames, figurines, and lamp bases to complete the design. Nowadays, you can also get some pretty beautiful metallics in wall art – there are so many more alternatives than simply canvas.
Benjamin Moore 2023 colour of the year:
Raspberry Blush is the epitome of a striking colour; it never serves as a backdrop. We were thinking bold, bolder, and boldest when we saw this unapologetic hue of red-orange. Be bold and colourful in your decor with Raspberry Blush. The vibrant red-orange hue will give your area a vivid appearance and offer warmth to the room. If you aren’t ready to jump into painting a gallery wall, chairs, linens and throws are a great way to incorporate colour into your home.